Skip to main content

#DINEWITHME: MINATO YAKITORI | BANDAR PUTERI PUCHONG (KL)

Yakitori (焼き鳥) or Japanese grilled chicken skewer is a popular, inexpensive dish served at specialty restaurants known as Yakitori-ya and commonly enjoyed together with a glass of beer. The meat is usually made to order, skewered with a type of skewer typically made of steel or bamboo or known as kushi (串, くし) and grilled over charcoal fire. Then seasoned with tare sauce or salt during or after cooking. The top and popular Yakitori included Negima, Tsukune, Torikawa, Momo, Tebasaki, Nankotsu and Reba

What are these Yakitori names meant actually? 

NEGIMA (ねぎま)
Consists of chicken  pieces (usually thigh meat) skewered with leeks in between. One of the most popular types of Yakitori 

TSUKUNE (つくね) 
Meatballs made of minced chicken, vegetables, egg and spices. Usually formed into multiple small balls or long patty

TORIKAWA (とりかわ)
Strips of fatty chicken skin, grilled until crispy 

MOMO (もも)
Skewers made up of chicken thigh

TEBASAKI (手羽先)
Grilled chicken wings and often served in pairs 

NANKOTSU (なんこつ)
Cartilage taken from the keel bone between chicken breasts. It contains a lot of collagen and has a crunchy texture.

REBA (レバー)
Skewered chicken livers

__

Not as popular as in Japan, Yakitori bars are not commonly available around in Kuala Lumpur. Well, just few of them are good. I happened to visit this Yakitori bar on one fine morning when my boss invited me over for an early lunch. Like a hidden bar that only the neighborhoods know about, MINATO YAKITORI is located on the first floor above the famous Harbour Steamboat (海港式火涡) in Bandar Puteri Puchong. If you do not know, MINATO YAKITORI is actually runs by the same owner of Harbour Steamboat. MINATO YAKITORI is Puchong's newest Yakitori addition; sleek and modern, enhanced by a private room. 


If you enjoy being close to the action and watch how your meal sizzle on a grill, the cozy bar allows you to watch as your food is being prepared. 








The restaurant caters a simple menu, so don't fret with the limited options available. The way how the yakitori is being prepared will definitely deliver satisfaction to the tummy. Pop in during lunch to enjoy their Set Meals at a promotional price from 11.00am - 2.00pm or 5.30pm - 9.00pm for dinner.  



Wafu Salad (RM 10.00)

Grilled meats arrive hot and juicy with a hint of smokiness in every bite. The sauce is not overly sweet, just right for my preference.  


Drumstick Meat (RM 4.00/stick)

Chicken Breast (RM 4.00/stick)

RECOMMENDED:
Tiger Prawn (RM 4.00/stick)

Extremely CHEAP!! 


HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
Japanese Whole Squid (RM 20.00)


While the Japanese Whole Squid and Tiger Prawns are outstanding, don't hold back on the Sanma


The Sanma fish is grilled to perfection, crispy skin on the outer and delicate meat on the inside. However, it's a little too much bones. So, be extra careful when sinking your teeth into this dish. 


Sanma (RM 15.00)
*Bones Alert*


Fresh Salmon Sashimi (RM 28.00)

Edamame (RM 5.00)

The overall dining experience at MINATO YAKITORI was good in terms of food, price and service. It is one inexpensive place to go for Yakitori. So cheap that you can't imagine! I'll be back to enjoy some sake and sizzling hot skewers next round. What could I ask for more, really? 


When "fixing-my-hair" moment caught on camera that day.


#michiebillie #MinatoYakitori #puchong #yakitori #sanmafish #salmonsashimi 
__

MINATO YAKITORI | BANDAR PUTERI PUCHONG (KL)
Facebook

Address: 
No. 49-1, Jalan Puteri 2/3, 
Bandar Puteri Puchong, 
47100 Puchong, Selangor. 

Tel: +012- 282 0969
Email: minatoharbour1@gmail.com

Business Hours: 
11.30am - 10.30pm (Monday - Sunday)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#DINEWITHME: THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR | SS15, SUBANG JAYA (KL)

Whooppsss...I just had my dinner!  What am I doing here? Come on, it's Friday! Let's chill a 'lil - Dinner extended. To be frank, I don't have much time to spend around ever since I've joined an award-winning agency few months ago. Life's pretty hectic everyday, with extreme workload and countless days of overtime.  And just because I have relocated myself to another area, my hangout place changes too. What makes the best option would be the one nearest to my office, with less traffic congestion.  Thanks to my bunch of friends whom always put me on a priority, they make the effort to come to a meeting point near me instead.  I was brought to this restaurant the other day by my friends and I found it quite a waste not to share such an interesting place with all of you.  Let me introduce you to -  THE PENTHOUSE RESTAURANT & WINE BAR. Upon walking in, I was amazed by their simple yet welcoming ambiance. I was ushered in by rows of wine displayed

#michiekitchen - WHOLE TOMATO RICE (SALMON & NORI)

Hey guys! Are you planning to try out the Whole Tomato Rice this weekend?  Let's tweak a lil' on the recipe and go Japanese - if you are a fan of Salmon & Nori ! This recipe that I'm gonna show you is so simple yet taste so good and, full of nutrition too :) 7 Health Benefits of Salmon, click here :  http://www.chatelaine.com/health/diet/seven-health-benefits-of-salmon-and-a-vitamin-rich-summer-recipe/ INGREDIENTS: (Serves 6- 8 person) 3 blocks of Fresh Salmon  Shredded Nori sheets (preferable those with sesame seeds) 1 piece fresh tomato (Large) - remove the stems 3 small cups of rice  Water (to cook rice)  * Reduce a ladle of the water amount - Tomato produces water when it cooks * SEASONINGS: Extra Virgin Olive oil Salt & Black pepper (to taste) - Reduce the salt, as Nori is salty HOW TO COOK: 1. Put rice, water, tomato & all the seasonings to the rice cooker and cook.  2. When the rice is ready, smashed the

#DINEWITHME: YUK SOU HIN | WEIL HOTEL (IPOH)

Done with my busy schedules, I finally have the time to sit down and blog about my dining experience at YUK SOU HIN @ WEIL HOTEL (IPOH) which took place about two months ago.  I was being invited by the hotel's PR Team at the first place to drop by and review the dim sum which was spearheaded by their   Hong Kong Master Chef, Mr. Chung Ho Shi but unfortunately I'm unable to attend. Later after that, I visited the restaurant with my mum when I dropped by in Ipoh the other day.  It was a busy morning. We went to the restaurant around 11am without any advance reservation, and it took us about 25 minutes to settle down with a table.  The restaurant was packed with customers that day, due to Public Holiday.  Not my first dining experience at Weil Hotel,  YUK SOU HIN  is the final restaurant to wrap up my adventure at this new hotel besides than  THE DECK  and  TIFFIN .  Bored while waiting, I started to explore around and tapping on my Iphone.  While wai